Edited by: Prof. Dr. Hendrik Vanhees
More about the editors
Written by national experts in their field, Intellectual Property provides an overview of all the pertinent information on intellectual property needed to gain a clear comprehension of the legislation and policy on the subject in different countries.
This is the only publication in its field which analyses and describes theory and practice in a large number of countries. Information is also provided on all major and important international conventions and on international bodies like the EU and WIPO/OMPI.
It follows the same comprehensive formula as the other volumes and subsets in the International Encyclopaedia of Laws and as such allows easy comparison between various countries. The monographs are regularly updated and provide effective insights into national and international systems. Legal practitioners, academics, students, government officials and business people will find here all the information and insight they need to confidently resolve issues related to law and policy in any branch of intellectual property.
Each monograph follows the outline below: The Authors. Table of Contents. List of Abbreviations. Acknowledgements. Preface. General Introduction.
Part I: The European Union. Forthcoming
1. The European Union and intellectual property.
2. Intellectual property and free movement.
3. Intellectual property and the competition rules.
Part II: International Conventions. Commentary. Forthcoming
1. The Paris Convention for the protection of industrial
2. Copyright and neighbouring rights
5. Industrial designs.
6. Plant variety protection.
7. Chip protection.
Part III: National Monographs
1. Copyright and Neighbouring Rights.
3. Utility Models.
6. Industrial Designs.
7. Plant Variety Protection.
8. Chip Protection.
9. Trade Secrets / Confidential Information.
10. Geographical indications and appellations of origin.
FRONT MATTER: International Advisory Board;
Encyclopaedias and Editors; Introducing the International
Encyclopaedia of Laws; Curriculum Vitae of the General Editor.
GENERAL SECTION: List of Contributors; Introducing the
International Encyclopaedia of Intellectual Property; Curriculum
Vitae of the Editor.
• Argentina, by Prof. Dr. G. Cabanellas;
• Australia, by Prof. Dr. W. van Caenegem;
• Austria, by Dr. R. Schnopfhagen, D. Heine and J. Winkler;
• Botswana, Ms Siamisang Morolong;
• Canada, by Prof. Mistrale Goudreau;
• China P. R., by Prof. Guo Shoukang;
• Croatia, by Prof. H. Sikiri´c, Prof. Dr. I. Gliha and Mr. M. Vukmir;
• Colombia, by Mr. Emilio Ferrero & Mr. Daniel Peña;
• Cyprus, by Dr. Christos Theodoulou;
• Czech Republic, by M. Simundová and Prof. Judr. I. Telec;
• Denmark, by Dr. Th. Riis;
• Estonia, by Prof. M. Koitel, K. Nemvalts and R. Koitel;
• Finland, by Prof. Dr. N. Bruun;
• France, by Prof. J. Schmidt-Szalewski and Dr. N. Bouche;
• Greece, by Prof. A. Liakopoulos;
• India, by Dr. T. S. Gupta;
• Indonesia, by Dr. Bambang Kesowo, Dr. CitaCitrawinda Priapantja;
• Jamaica, by Ms Diane Daley;
• Japan, by Prof. T. Doi;
• Latvia, by PD. Dr. F. Diedrich and I. Švarca;
• Malaysia, by Prof. Dr. I.M. Azmi and Dr. J. Abdajalil;
• Malta, by Mr. Eugene Buttigieg;
• The Philippines, by J. D. Jimenez;
• Portugal, by Prof. Dr. M. V. Rocha;
• Romania, by Dr. A.C. Strenc, Dr. G. Gheorghiu and Dr. G. Bucsa;
• Singapore, by M. Wai San Wong and Ng-Loy Wee Loon;
• Slovak Republic, by Prof. J. Svidron;
• South Pacific, by Assoc. Prof. Sue Farran;
• Spain, by Prof. H. C. A. Bercovitz Rodríguez-Cano, Prof. G. Bercovitz Álvarez and Dr. R. Bercovitz Álvarez;
• Sweden, by Prof. Li Westerlund;
• Switzerland, by Prof.Dr. F. Dessemontet;
• Turkey, by Prof. Dr. E. Özsunay;
• Uganda, by Ms J. Apecu Laker;
• United Kingdom, by C. Davies, T. Cheng;
• United States of America, by Prof. S.W. Halpern, Prof. C. A. Nard, Prof. K. Port and C. W. O’Neill;
• Uruguay, by Prof Dr. Beatriz Bugallo, Prof. Juan Manuel Gutiérrez-Carrau.
You can also find more information on the product on www.ielaws.com
Price: Contact us for Pricing
Please contact our sales department to place an order or to obtain further information.