Editor: Gregory A. Stobbs
Today’s patent attorneys and counsel representing clients involved with software must be able to access reliable information on patent processes worldwide. Software Patents Worldwide is the only resource providing expert insights and how-to guidance on drafting patent claims in the world’s key markets, which means you can practice with confidence and avoid errors—even in unfamiliar territory. A brand new resource, Software Patents Worldwide covers both mature and developing systems, enabling you to ask the right questions in each circumstance. This one-of-a-kind resource will help you answer key questions such as:
What is the proper procedure for obtaining a software patent?
How do we enforce our patents?
Is it even worth obtaining a patent in this jurisdiction?
How do the requirements of one jurisdiction compare to those of another?
How is the country’s Patent Act interpreted by local courts?
Each chapter of Software Patents Worldwide follows the same outline, making it easy to find information quickly—and compare jurisdictions!
• Introduction to country/region
• Frequently Asked Questions regarding software patents in the country/region
• Introduction to the legal system of the country/region
• Court System
• Patent System
• Overview of the software industry in the country/region
• Legal Basis according to current Patent Act
• How the Patent Office Interprets the Patent Act
• Patent Examination Guidelines in general
• Specific Guidelines for software patents (if any)
• Specific Guidelines for business method patents (if any)
• Historical Development
• Fields of Technology—specific, noteworthy examples that demonstrate the scope of protection afforded to software patents in the country/region
• How to Draft a Software Patent for the Country/Region
• Infringement and Enforcement
• Future Directions
Highlights of Contents
Foreword (by Rt. Hon. Lord Justice Jacob)
How to Draft Software Patent Claims
Mg Rainer Schultes, e/n/w/c Natlacen Walderdorff Cancola Rechtsanwälte GmbH; DI Arnulf Weinzinger, Dr Georg Heger, Sonn & Partner Patenanwälte;
Steven Garland, Colin Ingram, Smart & Biggar/Fetherstonhaugh;
Jinchen Song, Nancy L. Fix, and Shaohui Du, DEQI Intellectual
Property Law Corporation
The European Patent Convention
Stefan Steinbrener, Chairman Technical Board of Appeal 3.5.01
– Electricity, European Patent Office
Axel Casalonga & Francis Zapalowicz, Bureau Casalonga & Josse
Hans Wegner, Bardehle Pagenberg Dost Altenburg Geissler
Hasit Seth, IPVALUE, Bangalore
Ryoichi Takaoka, Takaoka IP Law Office
Sam-yong Kim, E-Sang Patent & Trademark Law Firm
Lia-Hua Weng, Brinks Hofer Gilson & Lione;
Robert B. Franks, Franks & Co. Limited
Gregory A. Stobbs, Harness, Dickey & Pierce
Price: EUR 371.00 / USD 501.00 / GBP 297.00
Please contact our sales department to place an order or to obtain further information.